Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another Sunny Day...

Very happy to wake up to yet another sunny day here in New England! Let’s hope it’s a productive one. I’ve been feeling so blah and un-motivated these last few weeks. Between having the flu, laryngitis and then another cold I haven’t been very productive. I have a bunch of crocheted monsters to finish up and lots of new yarn to start new ones with. I do have to admit though that I’m a little burnt out with crocheting. That being said, I think I should take a short break from it to work on other projects. I did start a new painting a few days ago after realizing that I haven’t painted in a year and a half. This is very unusual for me as painting is my passion first and foremost. I’ve also started a new project for my Lil BoogeyMen ArtFire studio which I’m very excited about. I’ve started making “sock monsters”! I’ve seen various sock “creatures” on various crafting sites and fell in love with them. I’ve always been somewhat of a hoarder when it comes to funky looking socks and in going through my rather large collection I managed to find 20-30 pairs that I’ve never worn. These will now be turned into monsters and if all goes as planned they will be up in the studio over the next few weeks!

Before I start my day of monster making I did want to mention something that I’m extremely excited about. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a wonderful shop on Etsy – MsBittyKnacks and began following her blog where she does an artist feature every few weeks. Well, I was lucky enough to be chosen as her featured artist this time around! She has done a lovely write up about me and my Lil BoogeyMen. You can read it here – MsBittyKnacks. Also, please do take a moment to check out her Etsy shop as she has some incredible handmade goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment